Subject Intent – Employability
The Employability curriculum at Adelaide Heath Academy aims to ensure that all pupils develop these skills and qualities from KS2 to KS5:
- Independence Working independently, developing resilience to build and apply a repertoire of knowledge, understanding and skills in order to gain employment in the future.
- Resilience Develop the resilience needed to perform everyday tasks confidently and to participate successfully in an increasingly competitive job market
- Emotional Intelligence Develop their emotional intelligence and realising their own strengths and weaknesses so they can match their own skills and qualities to a job role.
- Effective Communicator – Evaluate and critique their own and others performance in mock interview situations.
- Successful Emotional Intelligence and communication skills by critiquing, evaluating and meeting the brief of the tasks which can develop their skills in gaining meaningful employment.