Subject Intent- – Design and Technology- Food/Textiles
The Design and Technology curriculum at Adelaide Heath Academy aims to ensure that all pupils develop the skills and qualities:
- Independence Working independently, developing resilience to build and apply a repertoire of knowledge, understanding and skills in order to design and make high-quality prototypes and products for a wide range of users.
- Resilience Develop the creative, technical and practical expertise needed to perform everyday tasks confidently and to participate successfully in an increasingly technological world.
- Emotional Intelligence Develop their emotional intelligence evaluating and testing their ideas and products and the work of others.
- Effective Communicator – Evaluate and critique
- Successful Emotional Intelligence and communication skills by critiquing, evaluating and meeting the brief of the project/recipe
Food Technology and Textiles