The Maths curriculum at Adelaide Heath Academy aims to ensure all pupils;
- Have high expectations and access to aspirational pathways, that best suit their needs as learners.
- Dispel any potential fears they have surrounding number by developing their confidence, self-esteem and equipping them with the necessary tools to access the wider numerical world, specifically money and finance.
- Experience a wide variety of differentiated teaching and learning styles that allow pupils to enjoy and make progress in Maths.
- Experience Maths in real life contexts and how Maths is present in everyday life.
- Have the opportunity to practice and utilise their Maths skills in the wider school community.
- Develop their resilience by solving various challenging Maths problems which require trial and improvement to reach a solution.
- Have the opportunity to participate in STEM events and experiences.