The ASDAN Certificate of Personal Effectiveness (CoPE ) is a wide-ranging qualification that enables you to:
- Develop and demonstrate a range of personal, key and employability skills
- Broaden your experience
- Manage your learning in a variety of real—life contexts
The award was introduced to Adelaide Heath Academy in September 2019 and has proved itself in engaging and motivating our students. They have an element of choice over what challenges they can complete in order to build up credits to produce a portfolio of evidence.
Six assessed skills units are part of the course and are an integral part of the ASDAN recognised qualification:
- Working with Others
- Introduction to Improving own Learning and Performance
- Introduction to Problem Solving
- Planning and Carrying out a Piece of Research
- Communicating Through Discussion
- Planning and Giving an Oral Presentation
These units link well with the School Intent and the Adelaide Heath ethos that all our staff strive for daily.