New students can start at Adelaide Heath Academy at any time of the year.
A requirement of the school is that all students have an educational and health care plan.
Initial contact can be made either from a parent/carer or through social worker and/or local authority educational services. This leads to a referral process being initiated by the local authority, who will confirm that a referral is to be considered to Adelaide Heath Academy.
It is strongly advised that a visit is arranged for parents/carers and student to come and have a look around and see what is available and consider whether Adelaide Academy Heath is the right place to meet the young persons individual needs. It is after all a very big decision to make!
Once approval has been given by the local authority, the school will be officially notified and the following information will be required:
- Contact details for parents/carers
- A copy of a current SEN statement or EHCP
- Copies of the last school report, including any education attainment levels.
- Contact details for the last school attended
- Copies of any exclusion notes from the last school attended
- If the young person is looked after - Copies of the last LAC review documentation and contact details for carers/social worker.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any further information.
Telephone: 01625 383045 ask to speak with Mrs K Yeomans - Schools SENCO
Or alternatively, Cheshire East Special Educational Needs & Disability Statutory Assessment Team: 01625 378042